Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Going To Portland

I'm on my way up to Portland today and will be gone until Thursday. Meanwhile, I'm still supposed to avoid posting but I have some announcements and a cute card to share.

Certification
The class in Portland, OR tomorrow is closed, so if you are trying to get in, it's too late, sorry. Likewise, Smithville, OH is closed.

Applications have gone out for:
Salt Lake City, UT June 11
Belmont, NH June 14th
Durham, NC June 28th
Orlando, FL July 27th
If you need an application and class info, please call.

Get on my mailing list for any other certification classes I have mentioned in the future, including a class held mid-August in San Diego, CA.

Dots in the Sky
Here is a card I made for a dear friend who lives far away. I just wanted to point out a quick element on the card.

If you look at the sky around the mailbox you'll see that I made little tiny dots. The reason I did this was to break up the plainness of the sky and tie my central image into the speckled/airbrushed background paper. It also vaguely hints at bugs flying around and you can picture a nice, hazy summer morning.

I challenge you to break it up a bit. Don't always color things realistically- add little repeating elements and textures to tie in different elements

Colors: I can't remember, sorry. Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Reminisce Patterned paper Stamp: Garden Thoughts, Our Craft Lounge Ink: Memento by Tsukineko Other: White ribbon, clear rhinestones altered with B97

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Hello Marrianne, thanks for the new ideas, will have to give it a try. I'm excited as I will be at the Portland class!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

I love dots! I use them too. Cute card Marianne!

Susan said...

I enjoy your tutorials; so much information in a short space. My dream is to attend a copic session

Dawn said...

thanks Marrianne! I'll have to give this a try!